Wednesday 20 September 2023

Get Bach Jojo

Growing up on Merseyside, the Beatles were a very real part of my childhood - despite the fact that had long broken up, (I am really not THAT old). But their music was everywhere; it was what my family listened to, what musicians aspired to. Their music are very much part of my culture and it shaped aspects of my life.

So as a headteacher, I feel that music has to be an important part of a child's education. 

We will, once agin be taking part in Young Voices this year - so look out for tickets for that. 

In the meantime, we were recently treated by a visit from...

Bach to the Future

Bach, Beethoven, Mozart - performed in exciting new ways... modern jazz, African, and Latin rhythms. Bach to the Future brought an exciting, whimsical approach to the most beloved music of all time, and some of the most interesting cutting-edge instruments you'll ever see. 

How about a Drum-itar? Or a 6 string electric violin that sounds like Jimi Hendrix?





No comments:

Post a Comment