Tuesday 20 February 2024

Dawn of a New Era

Ripping the bandaid

In my day, we used to call it a 'plaster'. There are 2 schools of thought - either rip it off in one motion or slowly pull at it in the hope that it won't hurt. When it comes to farewells, I am very much a 'one good tug' sort of person.

Tomorrow, our new headteacher - Miss Galinis - will be spending the entire day at school so that she can get a feel for the way the school runs and also to be formally introduced to the children. Hopefully, she will be the lady stood next to me if you drop off or pick up your children at the school gate.

I am not one for big announcements in the hall so I went round to each individual classroom to tell the children about our important visitor. The problem with this (is it  a problem, really?) is that it allows the children the opportunity to ask questions:

  • Yes, I am really leaving at Easter
  • No, I am not retiring
  • Yes, it will allow me more time with my LEGO
  • No, there's no need to feel sad because I am happy with my decision.

Not really the quickest bandaid rip ever.

Anyway, if you get the opportunity - come and say 'Hello' to our new headteacher.



No comments:

Post a Comment