Wednesday 18 October 2023

Modern Technology

Does anybody remember Etcha a Sketch? 

For a certain generation it was the height of technology. With a twist of two knobs you could create a masterpiece like Van Gogh's Starry Night. 

I mean, look...


The truth is, reality never really matched the promise you saw on the product's box

So why am I taking you down a personal Memory Lane? 

I am presently sat flicking through the parent survey forms many of you completed during our recent parent's evening. The huge majority are very positive - we do appreciate your support and comments. Of course I am going to focus more on criticisms, that is the nature of my job.

A number of you have expressed concern about communications from school - the timings, the notifications and the range of different types. I do understand the points made.

Some of the issues centre on the Teachers4parents and Arbor apps. A bit like my childhood toy, neither of these bits of technology appear to be living up to the promise they gave. I think Arbor will improve as we all become familiar with its functions.

Teachers4parents however, appears to have a glitch...If you have the app then texts will only appear if you have notifications on (?) I don't have the app and texts from school just appear in the usual manner.

Strange... but not as strange as expecting a masterpiece 


No comments:

Post a Comment