Sunday 8 October 2023

#EVERYDAYCOUNTS

Is it too early to establish a tradition?

I seem to be turning up each Friday in a 'Friday shirt'. If you have seen me on either of the school gates at the start or the end of the school day, you will know what I mean. The children certainly do.

Why? Well mainly to remind myself that it IS Friday. At this point in my position as acting Head of School, all the days seem to blur into one. I feel I need to be able to remind myself that we have managed to get to the end of the week.

Friday is also a day of celebration, for KS2 it is Golden Hand Assembly and for KS1 Superstar Assembly. I can not begin to convey the joy and delight that is shared by all our children in showing appreciation for their teachers and their peers. Whilst some children are lucky enough to receive a certificate, a sticker and a firm handshake, all of us are able to feel the atmosphere of a supportive and caring community.

Friday is also the day that we look at attendance figures. As a school, we are looking to achieve over 96% attendance. Most of our children DO attend every day and in order to recognise that, I have introduced two new awards - The Attendosaurus in KS1 and the House Attendance Trophy in KS2. While the KS2 trophy will be based on average attendance, the KS1 award will recognise improvements in attendance.

So well done to the YELLOWS this week and to 1TB who are pictured below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment