Monday 11 May 2020

Dear Parents/Carers,

I am sure many of you will have watched the Prime Minister’s address to the nation last night. 

You will have heard the Prime Minister say that the government believes it may be in a position to implement a phased re-opening of primary schools for certain year groups‪ from the 1st of June. This is part of the government’s conditional plan, which it says will remain under regular review.

As parents, you will have many questions regarding this recent announcement, which will range from exactly which children could come back into school first to how are we going to keep them safe and ensure social distancing measures. 

Unfortunately I am unable to answer these questions at this time, however I would like to reassure you that the safety and well-being of our children and the rest of our school community remains my priority. 

Detailed guidance from the government is due to be published in the upcoming days. Once I receive this, I will be in a position to outline the best approach for Wrotham Road Primary School and what a possible return to school for some of our pupils would look like. 

In the short term, the school site will remain open for the children of key workers and we will still be supporting all our other parents remotely, as we have done over the past few weeks.

I will be in touch again when I have more information for you.


Many thanks

Sarah Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment