Closing the school over the last two days has been a very difficult decision to make and, throughout the day, we have been reviewing the situation and checking the site with the aim of making a decision about whether we will open tomorrow.
I have to admit it is still really difficult to call at the moment because, whilst I really want to open the school, I must also consider whether can we get pupils and staff both in and home safely.
At present, I have read a number of different weather forecasts for Gravesend and the surrounding areas for the next 48 hours which range from heavy snow overnight to clear but freezing conditions. Whilst Friday’s forecast appears to be more consistent, there seems to be less certainty around Thursday’s; where further snow and disruption are currently forecast during the afternoon.
Therefore, the current plan is to aim for a later start (10am) tomorrow. This will give our staff, many of whom live more than 30 mins drive away, more time to journey school safely and also assess the safety of the site.
However, as there was today, there may come a point when we decide that we will be unable to open. We will update relevant online sites and the blog by 8.30am tomorrow. Please note that breakfast club will not be open tomorrow. Refunds will be made accordingly.
My apologies once again for any inconvenience that has been caused due to our school closure and thank you for your continued support and understanding. Please keep checking our website for further updates.